From our headquarters in Norway, we have been pioneering the ground segment business since 1968, and have introduced the near real-time concept within operational monitoring services as early as the 1990’s.
Today our mission is to be the worlds leading commercial satellite centre. What does that mean for you? The bottom line: we give you access to satellites anytime, anywhere.
Being able to do so, we have heavily invested in, and built a network of global ground stations, consisting of more than 180 remotely controlled antennas. With 24 sites worldwide, we provide optimized locations for satellites in polar, inclined and equatorial orbits. In addition, we offer Earth Observation services with the fastest available delivery times.
Our customers include both public and commercial users who have urgent, time-sensitive, operational requirements, as well as satellite owners and operators.
With 24/7/365 operations, KSAT is here for you whenever you need it!
At KSAT we have four core values that we work towards every day.
Our core values:
- Kvalitet - Quality
- Stolthet - Pride
- Ansvar - Responsibility
- Trivsel - Thriving
More than 200 (and still counting) of our fantastic employees reflect these values in our everyday work life. Approximately 130 of us are based at the head office in Tromsø, and the remaining are located at the Svalbard Ground Station and at our sales offices in Oslo, Stockholm and Colorado.
We want KSAT to be a challenging interesting and attractive workplace. Our goal is that we strive to increase our revenue and the "fun at work"-factor with the same percentage each year.
Regardless of the fact that we have been rapidly expanding through more than 50 years in business, we have managed to keep our entrepreneurial spirit burning brightly!
KSAT was established in 2002, but our journey began already in 1967 when the Tromsø Telemetry Station was inaugurated.
After decades of business in a high pressure, extremely challenging environment, with ground-breaking achievements, we can now celebrate more than 50 years of delivering excellence.
- 1967 - Tromsø Telemetry Station inaugurated by The Royal Norwegian Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- 1968 - First contact ever with a operational satellite (ESRO-2B)
- 1980s - Changes in the market leads to cut downs
- 1990s - Dedicated personnel working hard to brighten the situation - TSS becomes a part of the Norwegian Space Centre (NRS)
- 1997 - Svalbard Satellite Station established
- 2002 - KSAT established by NRS and Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace
- 2005 - Satellite passes: 150+ (pr. day)
- 2007 - Troll Satellite Station operational
- 2009-2011 - Mid-latitude-network established
- 2015 - KSATLITE installed at SvalSat and Trollsat
- 2015 - Satellite passes: 24.000 (pr. month)
- 2017 - 50 year anniversary
- 2018 - Satellite passes: 36.000+ (pr. month)
Photo: TG1 in 1985
KSAT is owned equally (50/50) by Space Norway AS (50%), and Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS (50%).
Space Norway AS is a state-owned enterprise of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries. The enterprise was established in 1995 as a subsidiary of the Norwegian Space Centre.
Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kongsberg Gruppen. Kongsberg is an international technology group, established in 1814.
Achilles Certification | KSAT provides services to the oil industry, hereof all phases in the life cycle of a field. KSAT is therefore qualified within the Achilles Joint Qualification System for suppliers to the Oil Industry.
ISO 9001:2005 Certification | KSAT is a service company where quality in the deliveries are extremely important. KSAT has operated a Quality Management System (QMS) certified according to the ISO 9001 standard since 2003.
The Quality System is now ISO 9001:2015 certified.