Through Norway’s International Climate & Forests Initiative, anyone can now access Planet’s high-resolution, analysis-ready mosaics of the world’s tropics in order to help reduce and reverse the loss of tropical forests, combat climate change, conserve biodiversity, and facilitate sustainable development.
Sign up to create your Planet Explorer account, complete with platform, API, and integration access to the tropical satellite monitoring products.
In support of NICFI’s mission, you can use this data to:
- Advance scientific research about the world’s tropical forests and the critical services they provide.
- Implement and improve policies for sustainable forest management and land use in developing tropical forest countries and jurisdictions.
- Increase transparency and accountability in the tropics.
- Protect and improve the rights of indigenous peoples and local communities in tropical forest countries.
- Innovate solutions towards reducing pressure on forests from global commodities and financial markets.
The partners have compiled frequently asked questions to give a flavour of what is to come and how it will be accessible.
Check out our new partner video with Planet, Airbus and Norway’s International Climate and Forests Initiative (NICFI) below for more information about the background for the project. Voices from all over the world explains the importance of making the information available for all.