From the Satellite Operation Center at KSAT headquarters, a dedicated group will perform satellite and mission adapted satellite and payload services for the entire life span of the spacecraft
– I’m very pleased to offer satellite and mission control to our partners and customers as an integrated service. This shows that KSAT is at the forefront and with this new capacity, we can provide a one-stop solution for all ground operation needs, says Rolf Skatteboe, CEO at KSAT.
This will increase operational reliability and reduce cost of operation
KSAT’s state-of-the-art Satellite Operation Center, will provide both hands-on and automated systems for managing satellites from launch to decommissioning. It is closely integrated with the global ground network, ensuring seamless scheduling, tasking and ground station operation.
– Exciting new service
One of the Mission Control Engineers who will be working closely with this mission is Marius Sørgård Hansen:
– Usually, we do a lot of ground network services like Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C) and Hosting, where we download images, data, and information to our customers. But now we will be piloting the satellites, speak to them and command them. This is very exciting, Sørgård says.
With Satellite Operation by KSAT you can rely on:
- Automated satellite and payload services for the entire spacecraft lifecycle
- Standard and mission-tailored satellite operations
- Flight dynamics, collision control and satellite maneuvering
- Mission-tailored automated and operator-driven procedures
- Automated contingency procedures