Ground Station Services
Ground Network as-a-service
Partnering with KSAT gives access to our extensive Global Ground Network consisting of stations ideally located at both poles and at handpicked mid-latitude locations to ensure continuous access to your satellites.
Pioneering the industry for over 50 years, we have established a unique knowledge base and have perfected a well proven “build–operate-integrate” service concept.
Svalbard Satellite Ground Station, the unique location at 78’North – almost at the North Pole – ensures a complete coverage that provides access to every orbit – 14 of 14. It is today recognized as the best-located ground station in the world for satellite control. In combination with our Antarctic, Troll Satellite Ground Station, located at 72' South, KSAT offers a truly unique Pole-to-Pole capability.
Supporting missions from both Svalbard and Troll allows for global data acquisition and TT&C twice every orbit, enabling rapid data access worldwide, with baseline latency of 45-minutes for LEO spacecraft.
In addition the KSAT ground station in Inuvik, Punta Arenas, and Nuuk are all extremely important additions to the KSAT Global Network. Strategically located on the far south tip of the South American continent, the Punta Arenas station completes the global coverage footprint operating perfectly in concert with the KSAT Antarctic Station. They complement each other and in combination, they provide a unique capacity in the southern hemisphere that is unparalleled in the market. The KSAT stations at Inuvik and Greenland likewise complement the Svalbard Station, providing even more capacity in the northern hemisphere. KSAT also provides optimized locations in mid-latitude regions. These stations provide strategic locations for direct reception of satellite data to reduce data latency.
Our Global network offers:
- Operational Ka-band
PASSES PR. MONTH
Hosting and maintenance services
KSAT provides hosting and maintenance services to a number of satellite operators within the navigation and satellite communication segments. Our long-term operational experience in implementation at locations worldwide, and the ability to understand local conditions, facilitate and adapt to different environments, assures the best hosted network solutions for our customers.
KSAT provides support in the entire process of establishing and operating satellite ground networks;
- Site identification
- Site surveys
- Infrastructure establishment
The customer systems and infrastructure are installed in close cooperation with KSAT to cater to the specific requirements and to optimize the solution.
KSAT provides Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C) services for LEO satellites. Available from our global and integrated network in S-band and UHF/VHF frequencies.
TT&C services include:
- Routine operations provided in real-time
- Access to TT&C anywhere anytime ensures rapid tasking in case of disasters, emergencies and urgent needs, important for timely access to the satellite
- A global network providing optimal solutions for Launcher and LEOP support
- Optimal support for Emergency and Critical Operations
“KSAT focuses on end-to-end services. It is one thing to build ground stations, but to provide dependable end-to-end services where data is reliably delivered is something else.”
Data Communications solutions
KSAT provides complete end-to-end data backhaul solutions, from the satellite to customer sites worldwide (Customer Data Centre or Mission Control Centre). Through a close partnership with telecommunication providers, we guarantee reliable and cost-efficient solutions.
- KSAT owns and operates communications solutions to support customer needs from our Svalbard and TrollSat/Antarctica stations.
- Solutions are adapted to customer needs from low-cost Internet services to secure VPN solutions and dedicated fiber links with the highest reliability, security and redundancy.
- Secure communication solutions are of critical importance to KSAT and our customers.
Data acquisition services
KSAT Data Acquisition services are provided from our global network, for real-time acquisition and data dump of on-board storage in S-, X-, Ka-, C-, L- and UHF-band. We also provide advanced data processing and distribution to any place in the world.
KSAT Data Acquisition services include:
- Ground stations optimally located to meet customer needs
- Data dump at one single site (SvalSat) for each orbit of polar orbiting satellites
- Pole-to-Pole service including X-band and fully operational Ka-band infrastructure
- Data handling services including NRT processing, archiving, storage and distribution.